This course can be financed through Inter-professional Funds!
This course can be also provide online or at the customer’s company headquarters
7 days before the course
Supply Chain and Logistics Managers, Traffic Managers, Import/Export Managers and personnel involved management of road haulage of goods.
The objective of the course is to illustrate the key elements to take into consideration in management of road haulage of goods and measures to adopt in the choice of transport operator in order to reduce costs.
- Introduction to goods transport and logistics costs
- Defining what is meant by ‘goods transport’ and evaluating the extent of logistics and transportation costs
- Analysis of the different delivery terms for goods. Differences in terms of buyer’s and seller’s costs and risks
- Comparison of the different modes of transport (road, rail, sea and air)
- Focus on road haulage: types of haulage vehicles used and their relative technical characteristics
- Loading and transportation units, focus on shipping containers
- Travel documentation and the respective regulations
- Ownership of the means of transport
- Own-account and third-party transportation
- Groupage and dedicated transportation
- Analysis of contracts and rates
- Learning by Doing (practice and simulation)
Makeitalia Senior Consultant
WHY CHOOSE MAKEITALIA SUPPLY CHAIN ACADEMY
The courses of Makeitalia Supply Chain Academy are characterized by a strong practical connotation. During the course are offered exercises, concrete examples of projects carried out with client companies and practical simulations.
Supply Chain Academy is the result of the experience of Makeitalia, a company that, for over 10 years, has its core business in Supply Chain Management.
1 day – 9.00/18.00
Via Jan Palach, 55 – Modena
“More participants” discount: 10% discount, in the case of two or more participants.